Phew! The days are whizzing by! I am busy with kids on their holidays, a birthday boy, joining in #illo52weeks and ReviMo – so yesterday even though I participated in Day 3 of ReviMo, I didn’t get time write a post about it. So I am doing 2 in one today.
Day 3 Revisions
- I revisited a relatively new manuscript which was begun during last years PiBoIdMo 2013 writing challenge
- This story came about because of a few nick nacks I found whilst on one of my weekly walks (there is a lot of sitting down with writing and illustrating)
- It has been critiqued once, and rewritten twice. Yesterday was the third time I rewrote the beginning and therefore changed the rest to make it flow to the end.
- it’s starting to feel more solid and believable as a story
- word count: 499 🙂
Day 4 Revisions
- Today I revisited a new favourite, written in the depths of a sustainable farm in Dunedin, New Zealand whilst staying with family.
- It’s a sentimental story of family, growth, sustaining resources, new life ad a good life!
- wrd count: 481
These challenges have made me look at and work on manuscripts that otherwise would be left alone until the kids were back at school.
I look forward to my critique group’s feedback! 🙂